Baroque Garden in Nieborów
Baroque garden in the regular (French) style was designed in the 60s of the 18th century by Szymon Bogumił Zug. Based on the assumptions of Le Notre’s French garden school which was popular in Poland in 1720-1760 the garden in Nieborów has boxwood mazes and flowerbeds in front of the south facade of the palace as well as wide alley planted with lime-trees with carpet lawn drawn on the axis of palace complex, surrounded by symmetrically planned cabinets and boskier formed of cut double row of lime-trees and hornbeams. From the western side the garden leans against the great canal designed in the shape of carpentry square.
Behind the canal there is a landscape park and on the eastern side there are an orangerie, a stable, a coach-house and the cottages in which the palace’s office staff lived. On the northern side of the palace, nearby courtyard, there is the Hunting Pavilion, with a number of guest rooms and closer to the gate there is the building of workshop raised by Szymon Bogumił Zug where at present the workshop of artistic ceramics and the offices of administration of the museum are.